How The Montgomery Homeownership Program Works For You
The Montgomery Homeownership Program is a 2017-2018 Montgomery County first time buyer assistance program that gives qualifying buyers valuable down payment and/or closing costs assistance. The assistance funding available is up to $25,000 (based on up to 40% of your household income).
The following Free Workshops are available weekly at our NW DC offices and at our special dates in Maryland libraries. We also work with people by phone and by private appointment. Just ask for Private Help!
There are several important conditions to qualifying for Montgomery Homeownership Program assistance funds.
- You must make under an income limit based on your household size. 1-2 person households can earn up to $130,320 pear year. Get the current limits now.
- Up to $25,000 in Down Payment & Closing Costs Assistance per household
- The amount of Down Payment Assistance you can receive is calculated based on 40% of your household income
- The Down Payment Assistance is structured as a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. This loan is issued in conjunction with a 30 year fixed rate mortgage through the Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP)
- The funds are provided by Montgomery County & distributed by the Community Development Administration (CDA)
- There is no published expiration date on this program. The County can terminate the program at any time!
Our Role in the Montgomery Homeownership Program & how we help you:
- Our firm is a private DC/MD/VA real estate brokerage based in the U Street Corridor in Washington, DC. We are a team of local real estate agents who love helping first time homebuyers.
- It costs you nothing to use our Agents’ first time home buyer expertise; our guidance and help is free.
- Our agents are fully trained in Montgomery Homeownership Program rules, qualifications, etc. Plus, if you do not initially qualify for this program, we can still potentially help you. There are other privately offered financing programs and assistance that help make homebuying easy.