Gerard DiRuggiero, Principal Broker
I am Principal Broker of UrbanLand Company. I have over 30 years of real estate experience and created UrbanLand Company in 2003 to be a progressive, strategic real estate brokerage providing high quality services for buyers, sellers, investors and developers in DC’s emerging and established neighborhoods. I am licensed in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Here are some of my accomplishments:
- Marketed and sold over 1,400 units in the DC/MD/VA area. I have also owned & operated over 200 rental units in my career.
- Developed the most consistent and active Home Buyer Workshop Program in the DC/MD/VA area. We offer twice weekly (and sometimes more) sessions with the public for quality real estate advice for $0 Down, FHA 203k & other programs.
- Created an in-house Agent Leads Generation Program that puts commissionable opportunities right in front of our Agents. This pipeline of local leads have produced $41 million in closed real estate volume for our agents since 2013.The program includes advanced mentoring and training that creates stronger online agents.
- Brokered numerous land sales, including assemblage of parcels from unrelated owners for 2020 Lofts (5 separate owners; now 146 units) and The Floridian (4 separate owners; now 118 units), and various other deals.
- Extensive knowledge of construction, renovation, development and management. I testify as an expert witness in front of the BZA (Board of Zoning Appeals) on behalf of local developers.
- Substantive experience in difficult real estate markets including lender negotiations, loan workouts, tenant-landlord, etc.
- Developed web-based marketing tools for modern purchasers, including well-trafficked website and extensive database of prospects (35,000+) and realtors (17,000+) for email campaigns and follow up.
- Developed and maintain an active and engaging Business Facebook page with over 8000+ local real estate related fans.