There are several programs sponsored by local area government that are here to help you buy your first condominium or home in downtown Washington, D.C. or Maryland We can help you qualify for these programs, many of which provide financial assistance, and sometimes even free money, for you to use in buying a home.
Here’s some basic introductory information on $0 Down programs in Washington, DC that can help put homeownership in reach with thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars for you to use when purchasing.
- The DC Bond Program, with fixed rate, 30 year mortgages at 4.5% as well as up to $10,000 in downpayment or closing costs assistance (when available). This program has been discontinued and replaced with the DCHFA “Open Doors” Program as of 5/2013.
- The DCHA “Open Doors” Program pays your Downpayment with an additional, forgivable 5 Year Down Payment loan. The loan DOES NOT have to be paid back. Your credit score must be Fair to Good and your household income must be lower than $123,395 per year to qualify for this program! We have assisted multiple home buyers with successfully using this great program in DC!
Prince George’s County, Maryland offers similar programs under direction of the overall Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP). There have been several programs available from 2014 – present.
- The Maryland Double Play Program, launched on March 4, 2015, allows buyers in Prince Georges County to take advantage of several loan based incentives including $5,000 in Down Payment Help, lower mortgage rates and lower administrative fees related to financing.
- The Triple Play Program, launched in late 2014, is a state sponsored incentive program for certain County zip codes and areas. The program, when used correctly, pays up to $10,000 toward down payments, up to $10,000 in closing costs assistance, valuable federal income tax credits, and a subsidized interest rate.
- The My Home & My Home II programs are both similar in structure and deliver $0 Down homebuying through an additional loan program. More info on My Home vs. My Home II is available at MyHomeII.com.
See all DC Homes Under $499,000.
(all data current as of 3/26/2015)
$200,000 : 4035 GRANT ST NE, Washington3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$200,000 : 1520 RIDGE PL SE, Washington2 beds, 2 full baths
$200,000 : 720 CONGRESS ST SE, Washington3 beds, 1 full, 2 part baths
$200,000 : 4350 D ST SE, Washington2 beds, 2 full baths
$200,000 : 3504 18TH ST NE, Washington3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$205,000 : 1908 SAVANNAH PL SE, Washington2 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$205,000 : 6322 SOUTHERN AVE NE, Washington2 beds, 1 full bath
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.