When you’re shopping for new condos online, be aware of a few things! “Unit numbers like 101 and 103 do not necessarily mean lower level or ground floor residences,” said Gerard DiRuggiero, Principal Broker of UrbanLand Company. “Depending on the building’s lot, design and construction, first level units aren’t necessarily sunken or directly at street level. Case in point – let’s look at Unit 101 at The Chaplain.”
- Unit #101 is a quiet, front-facing 2BR 2BA with 953 sq. ft. listed for sale at $459,650;
- The first level on The Chaplain is approximately 5′ up from street level. There is no ground floor or basement residences;
- #301 and #401 (the same floorplan) on the 3rd and 4th floors are already sold at $484K – $499K;
- The Chaplain includes a red-hot, modern finishes package for the kitchens & baths. Plus, huge bay windows!
- 1,500+ new condo units & massive new retail has been announced across the street;
Quiet, front-facing units available!
Unit #101 at The Chaplain
The Chaplain has been a hit with home buyers! Units 101 and 103 on the first level are the current two remaining residences for sale. “The finishes packages and floorplans here have been a hit! We’ve got 1,000 sq. ft.+, huge bay windows, hot kitchens and baths, and a great position of value. The huge project announced at Rhode Island Ave. METRO after we launched is just the icing on the cake for those who have bought and will finish out the buying here,” continued DiRuggiero.
The Chaplain in the Eckington / Brookland area is located right at a staggering amount of planned retail and residential development at the Rhode Island Ave. METRO. We’re not talking about Rhode Island Row or the existing METRO station attractions that have popped up. We’re talking about 1 of the largest new projects announced yet in DC, a huge 6 block, 1550+ unit residential and retail project.
Here’s a value comparison with similar condo properties in the surrounding area. You’ll see there’s not much that compares. Some of the Chaplain units are in the mix – look for 340 Adams Street, NE in the address!